- Voters list in Khammam a ridiculous affair?
- About 5,000 voters were found with ‘No address’
- Election officer claims to have given votes to the people living on platforms
- “Electors Residing in the same address” written in the column of address
- ‘0’ house number is many of the voters’ addresses
- ‘Elector found residing in the polling area’ written in the address column
- Opposition parties allege bogus voters
The voters list in Khammam Assembly constituency turned out to be a ridiculous affair. The address column of the voter witnessed words of poetry like ‘Electors residing the same address’, Elector found residing in the polling area and ‘0’ house address number. The district election officer V P Goautham claimed that the voter cards given to the people living on platforms. Beggars used to live on platforms and the number of beggars are nearly 5000 in Khammam. Surprisingly, some electors had Mamata Medical College in the address column and no house number.
Congress candidate Tummala Nageswara Rao wrote a letter to the Election Commission of India on the zero house address voters by seeking to correct the list and release a fresh list for Khammam assembly constituency.
K Venkanna, RTI activist, said, “The democracy is in danger in Khammam assembly constituency and the election officials prepared the false voters’ list. An enquiry should be conducted on such massive bogus votes. Many of the Mamata medical college students were noticed in the list of bogus votes. The officials are working on the directions of BRS candidate P Ajay Kumar”.
No address voters were found in 300 polling stations in Khammam constituency inlcuding 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 12, 17, 22, 33, 41, 42, 43, 50, 55, 56, 103, 120, 121, 143 and 145. The leaders of opposition political parties warned medical college students not to get involved in the bogus voter scam and ruin their future. (eom)
Please see below one of the pages having beggars as voters