1) Be ‘receptive’ and not ‘reactive’ as two people come together to sink all their differences in personality and upbringing and be one with the other.
2) Trust your partner until you get dependable evidence that your partner is doing wrong. Confine your reaction to that particular issue only. (One act or one idea is not the whole life or entire personality.)
3) Be affectionate with your partner and you will get affection.
4) Do not try to ‘manage’ your partner to your side. Management is successful in business only and not in personal relationships. Try to adjust yourself to the other person. The other person will also do the same.
5) Adjustment is a result of affectionate consultation and some sacrifices between the couple.
6) Controlling anger is a constant challenge. Do control.
7) Negative attitude hurts more than bad habits or bad words.
8) Respect and care originate from the affection one has for the other.
9) Provide protection and support in times of necessity.
10) The feeling of oneness after marriage should be cherished to the end of life in spite of differences now and then.
11) Try to make the other person happy and you will be happy. This applies to all aspects of life including night life. Giving precedes receiving.
12) Give due importance to family life and do not get submerged in office work. ‘All work and no play’ is a boring life.
13) Be frank and truthful to yourself and to your partner. Guile breeds mistrust and destroys love and respect.
14) Be responsible in your family duties.
15) Do not speak ill of your spouse’s parents or relatives.
16) Jealous nature destroys happiness in the family.
17) Be open and clear in financial matters. It helps in building up trust.
18) Many people give variety of advice. Use your discretion.
19) Control ego.
20) Communication and adjustment help in making marital life happy.
21) The golden rule is that there are no golden rules. Just be good.