Yakub Memon be hanged till death
Yakub Memon, one of the prime accused in March 12, 1993 Mumbai serial bombs explosion, will be hanged on July 30 for his role in the terror blasts, official sources said on Wednesday.
Terrorist convict Yakub Memon, sentenced to death eight years ago for his role orchestrating the 1993 Mumbai bombings, sources said will be hanged in Nagpur Central Jail, where he is currently lodged, following the recent rejection of his mercy petition by the president,A�Memon, found guilty of being the a�?driving spirita�? behind the 13 blasts that claimed more than 250 lives and injured more than 700 people. Memon, 53, was awarded the death sentence by a Special TADA Court in Mumbai in 2007 for his role of arranging for finances for the carrying out the 13 serial blasts in which left 257 dead and over 700 injured across the Mumbai city.
Dismissing Memon’s curative petition, the apex court said there was no procedural lapse in the formation of the curative bench which had earlier this month rejected his appeal. Memon had argued that the death warrant against him was issued even before the Supreme Court could hear his curative petition
Memona��s hanging, will be the third high-profile terrorist execution in India within the past three years a�� Ajmal Kasab, one of the perpetrators of the 26/11 Mumbai terrorist attacks, wasA�hanged to death in November 2012 and Afzal Guru, convicted of planning an attack on Indiaa��s parliament in 2001.