TSRTCa��s cashless transactions rise to Rs 11 cr

Hyderabad: The RTC earned Rs 11-crore income after introducing cashless transactions, Transport Minister P Mahender Reddy said hereA�on MondayA�after a review meeting with the RTC officials.

The minister stated that the RTC will work on a target to achieve 100 per cent cashless transactions by the end of this financial year. The RTC will provide best services and online transactions will prove handy as the government was pushing for cashless transactions after demonetization.

He directed the officials to take steps in this direction by using necessary equipment at all the bus stations and buses. The TSRTC received Rs 11 crores after introducing cashless transactions and will continue to do so. The RTC used to get a regular monthly income of Rs 9 crores, of which 90 per cent is cash transactions and the remaining 10 per cent cashless. The minister felt that the awareness among the people on the cashless transactions will help overcome theA�effect of demonetization.A�-NSS

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.