Singapore Minister Iswaran To Visit Andhra Pradesh on May 15

Singapore Minister Iswaran, who had initiated the Singapore tie-up with the AP government, is set to visit the state on Monday after a long gap. He will sign a memorandum with the government on Amaravati development.

Amaravati: Singapore Minister for Trade and Commerce S Iswaran is going to visit Andhra Pradesh on May 15. He is the one who took the initiative to bring in Singapore companies to help Andhra Pradesh Government in building the new capital.

The State Government has earmarked the land to be given to Singapore, and Iswaran will formally join the ground breaking ceremony to be held at the site located between Mandadam and Uddandarayunipalem villages on May 15 evening.

Iswaran will first hold talks with chief minister in Vijayawada where he will exchange a Memorandum with the Andhra Pradesh Government on building the new capital.

Iswaran took a long break to visit the State. He visited in July 2015 and later met Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu after the latter visited Singapore in September 2015.

In the meanwhile, the AP Government had several rounds of consultations with the Singapore Consortium to develop the new capital, Amaravati.

Even in absence, Iswaran has been associating with the government for all these days. The Singapore’s Ascendas-Singbridge has emerged as master developer for Amaravati under Swiss Challenge mode.

The UK-based architecture ‘Foster + Partners’ has given the designs of the city to be built on priority. The AP Government, after dropping the Japan’s Maki Associates, has selected the Foster for the new capital designs. The designs were finalized after consultations with the locals.

The Singapore Consortium would soon take up the construction.

The Andhra Pradesh Government has also cleared the partnership proposals with Singapore taking 58 percent of the profits and leaving Andhra Pradesh with 42 per cent. The government will also spend over Rs 5,200 crore to provide infrastructure in the seed capital area where the Singapore’s company is going to build the city.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Master Plan for Amaravati

  • Livability, mobility and vibrant economy are the key

HYDERABAD: Singapore and Andhra Pradesh governments today unveiled the master plan for the state’s new capital city.

The structural plan spreads about 7420 sq km in the region. The city will rise on the banks of the Krishna River, between the existing cities of Vijayawada and Guntur.

Named after an ancient Buddhist city, Amaravati would be the seat of the Andhra Pradesh Government. It would also be a city where Andhra citizens and people from all over the world can live, work and play.

According to the structural plan, the central planning area would be around 854 sq km and capital city would be 217 sq km.

Iswaran, minister in Singapore PMO and second minister for trade and industry, and his team handed over the master plan to chief minister Naidu today. Iswaran said the master plan would guide the development of Amravathi up to 2050.

The five key features of the city’s master plan are growing a vibrant economy, creating a livable Indian city, enhancing connectivity and active mobility, ensuring sustainability and the people’s capital.

The delivery of the Amaravathi Master plan marks the second milestone in the three-stage plan of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between International Enterprise Singapore and the Infrastructure Corporation of Andhra Pradesh.

Amravathi will be built on the land pooled from the contributions of the villagers in the region. In return, they would receive plots of commercial and residential land in the city and share in the fruits of development for years to come. The master plan also provides an affordable housing, easy access to amenities, such as schools, healthcare services, markets, and shopping malls, libraries and a university. (NSS

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.