Sangareddy Youth Shot At In The US Out Of Danger, Informs Sushma Swaraj

A young man from Sangareddy Mubeen Ahmed has survived the attack by a gunman at California and he is recovering at the hospital according to External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj.

New Delhi: External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj, is always alert when it comes to the issue of Indians abroad. A young Telanganite who was shot at in California earlier this week is now out of danger, she said.

Late on Thursday night, Sushma Swaraj tweeted, “I have received the report from our consulate in San Francisco.”

“The victim Mubeen Ahmed works at a gas station. A gunman demanded money from Mubeen and then fired at him,” she added.

“He is admitted in the Eden Medical Centre CA. Fortunately, Mubeen is now out of danger. We are following up the case with the police”

Mubeen Ahmed who hails from Sangareddy district of Telangana was shot twice in the stomach at his work place. He was taken to a hospital nearby for treatment, where he underwent surgery. Son of an air force employee Mujeeb, Mubeen Ahmed completed B Tech in Hyderabad and went to the US in 2015 for pursuing higher studies.

Though the incident took place on June 4 around 6 pm, the family was informed a day later. His family said that some people posing as customers got into an argument with Mubeen and later fired at him.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Now Hyderabadi Couple Seek Sushma’s Help To Get Their Daughter Back From Pakistan

After Uzma’s return, parents of Mahammadi Begum requested the External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj to expedite the process of their daughter’s return who was stuck in Pakistan for nine years.

New Delhi: After Uzma, a Delhi girl who got forcefully married to a Pakistani returned to India, a couple from Hyderabad urged the External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj to bring back their daughter too. According to the parents, their daughter Mahammadi Begum is stuck in Pakistan for the past nine years.

The parents hailing Swaraj’s efforts in bringing back Uzma requested her to expedite the process of their daughter’s return too. They alleged that their daughter is being tortured by her husband there and said that they will be grateful if she is brought back.

Begum’s mother said that she had been waiting for her daughter for years and after Uzma’s return to India with the efforts of the Indian government, she wanted her daughter to return.

“This is the month of Ramadan and I want to celebrate it with her. I urge you all to bring my daughter back. My daughter is being tortured; she is being treated like a servant there. Sushma Swaraj ji, I will bless you, please bring my daughter back. It`s been 9 years,” said Begum`s mother, reported a national channel.

“My daughter is in Pakistan for the past nine years. She keeps on calling me and asks me to bring her back. Sushma Swaraj ji after a lot of efforts brought Uzma back, we will be glad if she brings our daughter back too. She keeps on complaining of torture and keeps on pleading us to call her back,” said Mohammed Akbar, Begum`s father.

According to Akbar, he had spoken to the officials of Indian Embassy in Islamabad and they have assured that they are working continuously on their daughter`s case.

According to the couple, a Pakistani national, Mohammed Younus, had cheated their daughter and married her while working in Oman. She was fraudulently taken to Pakistan on the pretext of shifting to Saudi Arabia.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

London Terror Attack: PM Modi and Sushma Condemns

New Delhi: India has condemned the Terror attack on UK Parliament. There were no Indian causalities according to the reports, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj said.

PM Modi expressed his sadness for the terror attack and said India will stand with UK in fight against Terrorism.

Nearly 5 people dead and more than 40 injured in the attack. Prime Minister Theresa May was in Parliament when the incident took place. She described attack as “SICK and Depraved”.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

India’s diplomatic offensive Pak to be isolated

New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi had no alternative except going for diplomatic offensive. External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj will be using her resourcefulness at the UN General Assembly to corner Pakistan squarely blaming it for the terrorist attack on the military base at Uri sector in North Kashmir. Fireworks are expected in the General Assembly when the warring neighbours India and Pakistan clash. Pakistan would want to highlight violation of human rights in Kashmir while India would do its best to blame Pakistan for the terrorist attack on Uri military base and the military excesses in Balochistan.

The world leaders are expected to support India as they perceive Pakistan as a country promoting and exporting terrorism. India is going to ask the world body to declare Pakistan as a terrorist state. Ram Madhav, BJP General Secretary, said India would mount unprecedented diplomatic offensive to isolate Pakistan in international community. China, Russia, Germany, UK and the US condemned the dastardly terrorist attack on the sleeping army personnel 18 of whom died.

India along with Bangladesh and Afghanistan may boycott the SAARC meeting to be held in Pakistan thus isolating Pakistan in South Asia.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Another Indo-Pak face-off

S Madhusudhana Rao

Notwithstanding the Pak rejection of ‘red lines’ and ‘advisories,’ India has set a deadline for Islamabad to attend or cancel the planned Monday meeting between the National Security Advisors (NSAs) of the two countries on Delhi’s terms and conditions.

Amid drama and high-pitched verbal battles through media, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj bluntly told Pakistan on Saturday that a meeting of the National Security Advisors (NSAs) will go ahead only if talks are confined to terrorism and the Hurriyat is not made a stakeholder. Islamabad is given time till Saturday midnight to decide.

Thus India has ended speculation and uncertainty over the fate of talks that have been planned to take place in New Delhi between Indian NSA Ajit Doval and his Pak counterpart Sartaz Aziz.

smr

S Madhusudhana Rao

The talks were agreed upon during an impromptu meeting between Indian and Pakistani Prime Ministers Narendra Modi and Nawaz Shariff in Ufa, Russia, held on the sidelines of Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) summit last month. At that time they were hailed as a step forward to discuss the ongoing border tensions. A month later, when the date was set and all preparations had been made for the hyped-up meeting, Pakistan has introduced a new element before sitting across the table. That is, an invitation to Indian Kashmir separatist leaders to meet Sartaz Aziz before sitting with Doval.

There is every reason for the Modi government to be infuriated over Pakistan’s unilateral decision and involve a third party in what Delhi insists  is a bilateral issue. Islamabad maintains that it’s the practice for its officials to meet J&K separatists before conferring with Indians since the disputed state is a party to an amicable resolution of the conflict.

True, most of the time, the Indian government had turned a Nelson’s eye to such meetings earlier. But after the NDA government came to power, the rules of engagement have changed. Since Pakistan is dealing with a new Indian dispensation, it can’t advance the old practice to push its agenda. However, that’s what precisely the Pak government has done either to force Delhi to accede to its demand or cancel the talks, throwing a gauntlet to the BJP government. Islamabad’s aim is to put Delhi in a Catch-22 situation.

Delhi has reacted in a predictable manner, asking Islamabad to cancel talks with J&K separatist (Hurriyat) leaders. Pakistan hits back saying that it “won’t take dictation from India” and would go ahead as planned if Sartaz Aziz visits Delhi. When neither side is willing to budge, the face-off has no solution. If India cancels the NSA meet, it gives a propaganda handle to Pakistan. On its own, that country won’t back off because it wants to entrap the Modi government in the name of facilitating a dialogue. In reality, Pak intentions are to divert focus from border skirmishes and LoC violations to the decades-old separatist movement, abetted by Pak militants and supporters in the Valley.

Finally, India has ended the suspense by spelling out its stand, a few hours after Sartaj Aziz told news persons in Islamabad that he would travel to Delhi for the talks only if Kashmir is part of the agenda because it is the “most important outstanding issue” between the two sides. It appears that Delhi has timed its announcement to throw the ball into Pak court in a decisive shot.

“The Pakistani NSA is welcome if they don’t expand the scope of the talks beyond terror and if they don’t involve a third party…The Hurriyat cannot be made a stakeholder,” Sushma Swaraj said. Pakistan has time till midnight on Saturday to give an assurance that the meeting of the NSAs will focus only on terror or else there will be no talks, she said. Bilateral engagements will not cease if the talks between the NSAs are not held because there is ‘no full stop in diplomacy’, she added.

In point by point rebuttal, Sushma Swaraj said, “All talks between India and Pakistan can’t be called dialogue and composite dialogue ended after 26/11 attacks …terror and talks can’t go together, productive talks can take place in an environment free of terror and violence. It was decided at Ufa that terror and talks would be delinked and counter-terrorism and LoC violations to be discussed at NSA talks …India will talk on all outstanding issues, including Jammu & Kashmir, when terror and violence end. Sartaj Aziz is welcome to come to India for talks …in keeping with spirit of Ufa statement, please do not extend NSA talks to any issue beyond terror and the topics to be discussed at each level was mentioned clearly in Ufa statement.”

If India has made its position crystal clear, Pakistan too has stood its ground. Its rigid stand has come out in clear terms when Sartaz Aziz said he is prepared to go ahead with crucial talks with India but Kashmir will have to be part of the agenda because it is the “most important outstanding issue” between the two countries. “Pakistan believes Kashmir has to be part of the agenda for any talks even though it is not implicitly mentioned in the Ufa statement. The K word is very much in the statement because we agreed to discuss all outstanding issues and everyone knows what is the most important outstanding issue…Kashmir is indirectly there in the statement.”

Sartaz Aziz also said, “No serious dialogue with India is possible unless Kashmir is on the agenda. This is a reality that India has to recognise…India cannot wish away that this is not an issue. Since he came to power, Modi wants to normalise (relations) on his terms and not talk about Kashmir. But the rights of Kashmiris cannot be denied, the people of Pakistan want us to help them and we are providing them diplomatic, political and moral support.”

Now, with both sides not budging an inch from their stated positions, what’s the fate of NSA talks? From every available indication and the body language of Sushma Swaraj and Sartaz Aziz, the talks will not be held. If we go by previous Pak actions and reactions to India’s attempts to fix terror responsibility on that country, its National Security Advisor will not arrive in Delhi. Instead, Pakistan will go on another verbal offensive blaming India for scuttling the high-level talks that could have paved the way for a preliminary round of a ‘meaningful’ dialogue. That means India has to brace for another bout of tit-for-tat diplomatic war.

There are a few lessons to learn from the episode that the digital media has turned into a high-decibel airwaves war. First, the Modi government’s handling of the situation from the day Pakistan government had invited the Hurriyat leaders to meet its security advisor to their house arrests and release and again detention at Delhi airport to prevent them from going to the talks venue; second, not taking the J&K government into confidence; third, the government’s flip-flops and dithering; fourth, to let Pakistan take advantage and seize the first opportunity to take on India.

 In fact, the government acted swiftly in the case of Commonwealth Parliamentary Union (CPU) conference planned for next month in Islamabad. India had said that it would boycott the event since the J&K Assembly Speaker Kavinder Gupta was not invited. Pakistan maintained that since it is a disputed state, it can’t invite it as a host to CPU. India’s boycott threat has forced the CPU to plan it in New York.

In another non-political event, what the forthcoming movie Phantom crew has done should be an eye-opener to those who want to turn the tables on Pakistan. In TV interviews and promotions, the lead actor Saif Ali Khan has rejected Pakistan ban on the film as it is based on Mumbai terror attacks even before it was released. It was banned by Lahore High Court a few days ago on a plea filed by JuD chief and 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed against it alleging that the film contains “filthy propaganda” against him and his outfit. The best way to deal with Pakistan is to go on the offensive before taking a defensive position.

1 Response

  1. G. Appa Rao says:

    A GOOD and very BALANCED analysis indeed.
    The concluding sentence states it all. BRAVO….

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.