Nampally Court Acquits 10 Accused In 2006 Bomb Blast Case At Task Force Office

The accused in the Old Task Force Office bomb blast case were acquitted by the Nampally Court as the police failed to prove the charges leveled against them.

Hyderabad: The Nampally CourtA�on ThursdayA�acquitted all the ten accused in the case related to the human bomb blast at Old Task Force Office on Dasara festival day in 2006.A� The court has struck down the case as the prosecution failed to prove the charges leveled against the accused.

The city police, who identified twenty people as accused, arrested ten of them. Three of the 20 were killed in an encounter. The defence lawyer welcoming the verdict said that, as the prosecution could not prove the charges, the court acquitted the accused. While many of the accused were in prison for the past eleven years, some were in the jail for seven years, he said.

Meanwhile, reports said that the prosecution is expected to approach High Court over the verdict.

A human bomb attack took place at Task Force Office on October 16, 2006. While home guard Satyanarayana died on the spot, Constable Venkat Rao was grievously injured. The Special Investigative Team after its inquiry came to a conclusion that Harkatul Jihad Islami of Bangladesh was involved in the blast.

After investigating for two years, the SIT arrested 10 people and imprisoned them. The arrested people were identified as Mohammed Abdul Zahid, Abdul Kaleem, Shakeel, Syed Haji, Ajmal Ali Khan, Azmat Ali, Mahmood Baroodwala, Shaik Abdul Khaja, Nafees Biswas and Bilaluddin, a Bangladeshi citizen.

The trials began in 2007. The High Court granted an injunction on an alteration in the case. With this the case was stalled for some months. However, it was vacated when the case was shifted from Metropolitan Sessions court to the Special Court for Communal Disturbances.

The case again faced a hurdle when the investigating officer Diwakar went out of country in 2012 for two years. It was resumed after he returned.

The charge sheet was filed in the case against all the accused. After long legal proceedings the court delivered its verdictA�on Thursday.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.