Infantry did it: General Ranbir Singh

New Delhi: Director General Military Operation (DGMO) Lieutenant-General Ranbir Singh said on Thursday that Indian army conducted ‘surgical strikes on terror launch pads at the Line of Control.’ The action was carried out after a careful planning in wake of two ceasefire violations by Pakistani troops in less than 24 hours.

‘It has been a matter of great concern that there had been continuous infiltration across the line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir’, said General Ranbir Singh. Spokesperson of Ministry of External Affairs Vikas Swarup also participated in the media conference. The General said the continuous infiltration has reflected in the terrorist attacks in Poonch and Uri on 11 and 18 September respectively.

General Ranbir Singh said he had spoken to Pakistan DGMO and shared details of the attacks with him. ‘It is India’s intention to maintain peace and tranquility. The strikes were carried out across the Line Of Control by the Indian infantry. Two Pakistani soldiers were killed. He explained that the surgical operations lasted for four hours and destroyed five terror launching pads across LoC.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be speaking at All-Party Meeting at 4 pm on Thursday.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.