Implement 12% quota for Muslims, STs

  • Shabbir demands reservations notified
  • Bhavans are useless without empowerment
  • Build new Haj House

Hyderabad, December 24: Deputy CLP leader in the Council Mohammed Ali ShabbirA�on WednesdayA�demanded that the State Government implement 12 per cent reservation for Muslims and Scheduled Tribes in the job notifications likely to be issued by Telangana Public Service Commission next month.

Talking to mediapersons at Assembly media point here, Shabbir Ali said the TRS government should start implementing the promised 12% reservation for Muslims and STs with immediate effect and it should begin with recruitments to be done through Public Service Commission. He said separate quota for both the communities should be mentioned in the notification so as to avoid any legal complications.

Alleging that Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao has already done injustice to the SCs, STs and Minorities in the recent cabinet expansion, Ali said as per the 2011 Census, the SCs constitute over 21%, STs 12% and Minorities 14% of the total population in Telangana State. However, they have only one representative each in the cabinet. He said it was gross injustice that the communities having 47% population has only three representatives while the rest of 53% have 15 ministers in the cabinet. In order to correct this mistake, the Chief Minister should start implementing promised 12% reservation for STs and Muslims in the State.

Speaking about the construction of Bhavans for different communities in the city, Shabbir Ali said those Bhavans should be not confined to mere symbolic structures. Instead, they should be turned into centers of excellence by providing them required infrastructures. He said the Banjara Bhavan, Adivasi Bhavan, Ambedkar Bhavan and Christian Bhavan should have facilities like a hostel and study circle wherein students of respective communities could be trained to appear for different competitive examinations like Civil Services, Group-I, EAMCET, IIT-JEE and other exams for State and Central Government services. Multiple activities should be integrated and linked with the Bhavans so that those communities, especially the youth, directly benefit from them.

Shabbir Ali also demanded that the Chief Minister revive all pending works of Haj House at Nampally. He said although the previous Congress Government purchased two lands adjacent to the present Haj House at Nampally, it could not complete construction in view of Telangana agitation. The Telangana Congress leaders were not in good terms with the then Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy and therefore, they could not pursue the matter. He said while Chandrashekar Rao has initiated the works on Bhavans for different communities, he should also prioritise the completion of works related to Haj House besides taking steps for the construction of new Haj House building.A�(NSS)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.