Hyderabad Drugs Case: SIT Grilling Puri Jagannadh
Hyderabad: Popular director of Telugu Films, Puri Jagannadh, is being grilled by the Special Investigation Team of Telangana Police over his suspected involvement in the infamous drugs case in and around Hyderabad.
Jagannadh’s questioning started at about 10:30 am on Wednesday. Key among the questions are “Since how long have you been using drugs?” and “How many times in a month do you take drugs?”
The busy Director had to present himself before the SIT, breaking off from his schedule of Balakrishna starrer “Paisa Vasool”. He has been accompanied by his son Akash and brother Sairam Sankar. Jagannadh though is being interrogated in a separate room.
Details of the director’s responses to questions are awaited. Film sources say he has already consulted several legal experts from the time he has come under the radar of the Excise Enforcement Department. His responses may be tailored accordingly.
Most of those who have received notices from Enforcement are believed to be close to Puri Jagannadh. Officials are confident that they will be able to extract some crucial information from him and others.
The following are among the remaining questions that the director is being asked:
- Why don’t you stay in Hyderabad for some time after you do drugs?
- Why do you throw parties only at your home?
- How do you know Calvin? How did you get in touch with him?
- Why did Calvin and Jishin come to your house?
- Through whom does Calvin supply drugs to you?
- Who supplied you drugs before you got acquainted with Calvin and how?
- Is it true that you supplied cocaine to Charmi, Mumaith Khan, Ravi Teja and Subbaraju?
- What is your answer to the photographs we have secured?
- Are you ready for blood tests?
Apart from film personnel, employees of multinational companies and students of schools and colleges are among those involved in abuse of drugs, which came to limelight more than three weeks ago.